Kerry Fowler ~ GCCFV
PO Box 555
Williamstown VIC 3016
Phone: 03 9397 2529
Mob: 0437 304 622
Airport: Melbourne (MEL)
Good–day, I am a fully qualified All breeds Judge, commencing with my Group 3 license in 1995, followed by my Group 1 and 2 licenses in 2004 and January 2013, respectively. I have been fortunate to have judged in all eight major States and Territories of Australia, as well as North and South Islands of New Zealand. In 2014, I was honoured with judging All Breeds at the prestigious Sydney Royal Show as well as at the iconic Royal Melbourne Shows in 2014 and 2015.
My introduction to the cat fancy was through successfully owning; breeding and exhibiting silver spotted British Shorthair cats under the Cornfield prefix for over ten years. Our British were well known winning Supreme awards including Cat of the Year.
My other achievements include:
* Author of 8 published articles ranging from feline genetics and genetic counselling for cat breeders, to the skills required for cat judging
* Author and co–author of over 50 peer reviewed scientific publications
* Foundation Trustee of Feline Health Research Fund: http://fhrf.org.au, 2000–2015; during this time 14 grants were awarded
* Invited Speaker in the fields of feline appearance, genetics and cat judging
* Scientist who co–discovered the genes responsible for two different wavy coated mouse mutants
* Tutor Judge for Shorthair cats
I look forward to participating in many more cat shows and seminars as well as talking with cat fanciers.
New Zealand 2005, 2013, 2014, 2015